Bail has been set at $2 million for a 17-year-old girl in the slaying of a 51-year-old Lakewood man.
The News Tribune reports that Dean Barker had been bound, beaten and strangled before his body was found Sept. 8 in the driveway of a vacant home in Graham.
A 17-year-old is being held in the Pierce County Jail, and it is expected that once she’s charged, she’ll be tried as an adult.
Several more arrests are likely, according to Deputy Prosecutor Phil Sorensen.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- COVID-19 surge forces health care rationing in parts of West
Authorities suspect Barker was kidnapped and robbed before he was killed.