The Associated Press
HOQUIAM — The friend of a Hoquiam family may have saved 5 lives Sunday night by discovering they were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Hoquiam Fire Department tells KBKW the power was disconnected at the home and the family was running a generator in the basement.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide
The friend visited the home, discovered the fumes and called 911. All five family members were taken to a hospital for treatment and one was transferred to a hospital in Seattle.