A 20-year-old gang member was wounded in a shooting outside a Central District home last night, according to Seattle police.
The victim was walking up to a home on 23rd Avenue and East Alder Street around 10:15 p.m. when a dark-colored sedan rolled down the street behind him. Someone in the back seat of the car stuck a gun out of the car’s window and fired at least three shots, striking the victim in the arm, police said.
The car then sped off.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- COVID-19 surge forces health care rationing in parts of West
Several witnesses said they had heard the shooting, but refused to provide officers with any other information, police said.
Medics took the victim to Harborview Medical Center. Police say he admitted that he is a member of a Central District gang.