A 19-year-old gang member suspected of shooting a 17-year-old man in the leg in a Beacon Hill drive-by has been arrested, according to the Seattle Police Department.
Gang Unit detectives say the 19-year-old, an Insane Boyz gang member, shot the other young man during a monthslong gang feud with the Tiny Raskal Gangsters on Sept. 5.
The victim, who was walking near 29th Avenue South and South Dawson when he was shot, refused to tell detectives who shot him, according the police department’s online blotter. Detectives were able to gather evidence at the scene that helped them continue the investigation.
Detectives eventually had enough evidence to arrest the 19-year-old on a warrant for gun charges filed earlier this month. Police say he then said he had shot and wounded the 17-year-old in September.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
He’s being held at the King County Jail for assault, drive-by shooting, and unlawful possession of a firearm, police said.