The Associated Press
TACOMA — Police say a gang member accidentally shot himself in the hand while firing at rivals Monday night at an apartment complex in Tacoma.
Officers responded to a report of a number of shots fired between two groups and found the suspect’s backpack. A short time later he showed up at a hospital with the hand wound.
The News Tribune reports that after he was treated, he was jailed for investigation of aggravated assault.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
The News Tribune story: Gang-related shooting at Tacoma apartment leaves one injured