The death of a woman in Texas revealed a case of stolen identity with a connection to the Northwest. Now a Seattle investigator is trying to figure out who this mystery woman really was.
In the gallery above, examine some of the documents and photos the Social Security Administration has discovered in its investigation into identity-theft suspect Lori Ruff. Click on an item for a closer look.
Timeline: Becoming Jane Doe
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 6: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle City Council passes 'JumpStart' tax on high salaries paid by big businesses
- 1 protester dead, 1 injured after man drives into protesters on I-5 in Seattle VIEW
- U.S. Supreme Court rules against Washington's 'faithless electors,' says states can require electors to back vote winners
- Why aren't Seattle schools more racially diverse? Look at the neighborhoods
Editor’s note, September 2016: The mystery has been solved. Click here to see who Lori Ruff really was.