The death of a woman in Texas revealed a case of stolen identity with a connection to the Northwest. Now a Seattle investigator is trying to figure out who this mystery woman really was.
In the gallery above, examine some of the documents and photos the Social Security Administration has discovered in its investigation into identity-theft suspect Lori Ruff. Click on an item for a closer look.
Timeline: Becoming Jane Doe
Most Read Local Stories
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- If you rely on a bus through downtown, prepare for big changes
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Tim Eyman, accused of stealing office chair, films himself bringing it back WATCH
Editor’s note, September 2016: The mystery has been solved. Click here to see who Lori Ruff really was.