The death of a woman in Texas revealed a case of stolen identity with a connection to the Northwest. Now a Seattle investigator is trying to figure out who this mystery woman really was.
In the gallery above, examine some of the documents and photos the Social Security Administration has discovered in its investigation into identity-theft suspect Lori Ruff. Click on an item for a closer look.
Timeline: Becoming Jane Doe
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle mayoral matchmaker: Which candidate shares your views?
- A quiet rise in homelessness in northeast King County raises stakes in contentious council race
- How his twin brother's deathbed plea was a call to action for Washington state's insurance commissioner
- Seven rescued after vehicle goes off cliff near trailhead in Snohomish County
- What to know about Monday's COVID vaccine deadline in Washington state
Editor’s note, September 2016: The mystery has been solved. Click here to see who Lori Ruff really was.