Spellman, the state's last GOP chief executive, died last month at the age of 91.
A funeral Mass and memorial service will be held Monday for former Washington governor and King County executive John Spellman, who died last month at the age of 91.
Spellman was the last Republican to serve as Washington’s chief executive — elected to a single term in 1980. He served as King County executive from 1969 until he was elected governor and went to Olympia.
A joint funeral Mass will be celebrated at noon at Saint James Cathedral at 804 Ninth Avenue. It will be followed by a celebration of Spellman’s life at Bell Harbor, 2211 Alaskan Way, at Pier 66.
The family said remembrances for Gov. Spellman and Lois, his wife of 63 years (who died shortly after her husband), may be made to The Care of Elder Jesuits at P.O. Box 68 in Los Gatos, Calif., or to Seattle University, 900 12th Ave., Seattle.
Most Read Stories
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Seattle police fatally shoot man near Ravenna Park
- King County Republican chair criticized after telling gun-control advocate 'Do not ever contact me again'
- Crashes involving 25 vehicles shut down snow-slicked I-90
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH