Lot of snow in the mountains: Up to 20 more inches could fall in the Cascades today on top of the 1 to 2 feet that fell yesterday and overnight, as we told you it would. … Skiing at Snoqualmie Pass? That being said, chains were required on I-90 earlier this morning, but things are expected to settle down tomorrow, says the National Weather Service.
Escalator accident: The one that went haywire in Bellevue yesterday could have been much worse. Aren’t you a bit wary of escalators to begin with? We know some folks who just won’t use them.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 15: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- With 3 pregnant J pod orcas, boaters told to keep away
Some crime news:
Three men forced their way into a Bothell home last night and got away with valuables. Three people were home at the time, but no one was hurt.
Remember the serial killer in Alaska? Well, before he killed himself a short time ago, he told authorities he had planned to kill more people had he not been caught after killing a barista up there. Uh, isn’t that’s what serial killers do?
Katt Williams. That’s all we’re going to say.
The poll has expired. Thank you for your submissions.
Bedbugs in books right here in the Emerald City. Staff writer Jack Broom pursued the story and discovered we have had the little critters in some library books at the UW. Silverfish, too. One word: Ewww. We don’t think bedbugs are here in great numbers, but have you ever found them in your home? Vote in our poll.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- State’s pot era lights up to smoke, dreams, uncertainty
- Rookie quarterback Russell Wilson has made believers of veteran Seahawks
- No free agent is perfect — and Mariners shouldn’t hesitate to make a play for Josh Hamilton
- Bedbugs found in UW library books
- Heavy snow in the mountains
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or email@example.com. On Twitter @NickProvenza1