The President, marijuana, the feds and us: Mr. Obama has told Barbara Walters of ABC News that in states that have made marijuana legal (like ours), busting people for the recreational use of Mary Jane isn’t going to be a priority for federal drug agents. If that view trickles down to the local level, we’re betting a lot of people will be very happy. Obama said he wouldn’t go so far as to make marijuana legal, though.
Five dogs shot: The aggressive dogs may be responsible for killing two alpacas, some calves and some chicks on private property near Port Angeles, according to thePeninsula Daily News. The dogs were even nasty to Lower Elwha Klallam police officers who showed up to deal with them. No one’s saying who owns the dogs. This comes on the heels ofa story about two aggressive dogsroaming a state park on Whidbey Island.
Freight train kills person near Tacoma: Someone (don’t know the gender yet) is dead after been hit by a train about 11:40 last night near Titlow Beach south of Tacoma. The train was headed to Portland from Seattle. Gus Melonas with BNSF Railway says it’s the 14th person to be hit by a BNSF train this year.
The King County Sheriff’s Department used a helicopter and infrared gear to track down a burglar following a high-speed chase near Issaquah. The burglar abandoned his car and ran into the woods, but the cops found him because he was giving off heat (Probably sweating like a … ).
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Who’s this guy Josh Hamilton? Oh, yeah, he’s not coming to Seattle.
Stories trending this morning on seattletimes.com:
- Mariners should have done whatever it took to sign Josh Hamilton
- Race to revive supersonic travel
- Seahawks plan to keep feeding the ball to Marshawn Lynch
- Obama will not go after states where pot is legal
- Who? Who? Who? Whos left for Mariners now that Josh Hamilton is off the table?
Nick Provenza: 206-464-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @NickProvenza1