A Mukilteo woman has her French horn back, five years after it was stolen out of her car.
MUKILTEO, Wash. (AP) — A Mukilteo woman has her French horn back, five years after it was stolen out of her car.
The Daily Herald reports that a man found the horn — a high-end, brass triple horn — in a Redmond pawn shop in 2011. He decided to return it after coming across news stories about the theft.
The horn belonged to 61-year-old Terry Preshaw, an attorney who is also first horn in the Mukilteo Community Orchestra. Preshaw bought the instrument used in 2009 for $6,500, but it was stolen after she left it in her unlocked car outside her Everett office the following year.
She says she’s stunned and grateful to have her horn back.
Most Read Local Stories
- Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler concedes primary defeat to Trump-endorsed challenger Joe Kent
- Seattle area cooldown could mean lightning, thunderstorms
- Trump-backed challenger Joe Kent surpasses U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler, leaving her on edge of primary defeat
- After a bit more heat, petrichor — a Seattle favorite — may be on the way
- Anti-abortion Church at Planned Parenthood pastor says he'll intensify WA protests