A man and woman were critically injured and two other men wounded in a shooting at a house party in Skyway in the early hours of New Year’s Day.
King County sheriff’s deputies received a 911 call reporting the shooting around 3 a.m., according to Sgt. Cindi West, spokeswoman for the department.
Deputies arrived at the home in the and found three men and a woman had been shot. All four were taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
Witnesses told the deputies that a man had been at a party at the home earlier in the evening and was asked to leave after an argument. The man returned, and began firing a gun at people in the home.
At least one person at the party appears to have returned fire, West said, but it’s not known if the original shooter, who ran from the scene, was injured.
Police have no description of the shooter, whom they are still seeking.
Children were in the home at the time of the shooting but none were injured, West said. West said all of the victims were in the 20s, and that the victims knew the shooter. Identification of the victims was not yet available.
More than one weapon was recovered from the scene, but police are not sure to whom it belongs, West said.