The crash was caused by a car driving the wrong way, according to Washington State Patrol.
UPDATE: All lanes of State Route 516 are now open, Washington State Patrol tweeted at 8:24 a.m.
UPDATE: The eastbound lanes of State Route 516 are now open, Washington State Patrol trooper Rick Johnson said on Twitter at 8 a.m. Friday. The westbound lanes are expected to reopen soon, he said.
UPDATE: Eastbound lanes of State Route 516 are expected to reopen around 7:15 a.m. and westbound lanes could reopen at about 7:45 a.m., State Patrol Trooper Rick Johnson said in a tweet.
A wrong-way driver on State Route 516 in Kent caused a four-car accident that has closed all lanes in both directions, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- UW Medicine mistakenly exposed information on nearly 1 million patients
- Don't worry, Seattle: Snow isn't likely this week, despite earlier warning
- Hoping for no snow? King and Snohomish counties could see some Wednesday.
Trooper Rick Johnson first sent out a Twitter alert at 4 a.m. on Friday indicating the road near West Meeker Street was closed.
The driver of the car that was traveling east in the westbound lanes has died, according to Johnson. There were no other reported injuries to the occupants of the other three vehicles.