SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Former state Rep. Ellen “Lynn” Schindler, R-Spokane Valley, has died at the age of 74.
Schindler, who died this week, stuck to her strong Christian conservative values when backing candidates for local, state and national office. She did the same during her 10 years in the Legislature representing the Spokane Valley.
The Spokesman-Review says Schindler was elected to the Legislature in 1998.
Before that, she was a member of the Spokane Regional Health Board, a president of Spokane Valley Republican Women and a president of Spokane College Women. She was a partner, with her husband, in Schindler Electric Supply Co., and later in managing their commercial and personal investments.
Most Read Local Stories
- Weather drama on the way: Lots of rain in Seattle, snow in the Cascades, wind at the coast
- Seattle zoning's urban-suburban divide: Here's how the city's two halves are changing | FYI Guy
- SeaTac Councilmember Amina Ahmed dies in car crash 7 weeks after joining council
- By shutting down comments on this column, we erred on the side of civility | Tyrone Beason
- After the viaduct: Seattle's vision for waterfront up in the air because some property owners don't want to pay
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Jim Schindler, and nine children.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com