SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Former state Rep. Ellen “Lynn” Schindler, R-Spokane Valley, has died at the age of 74.
Schindler, who died this week, stuck to her strong Christian conservative values when backing candidates for local, state and national office. She did the same during her 10 years in the Legislature representing the Spokane Valley.
The Spokesman-Review says Schindler was elected to the Legislature in 1998.
Before that, she was a member of the Spokane Regional Health Board, a president of Spokane Valley Republican Women and a president of Spokane College Women. She was a partner, with her husband, in Schindler Electric Supply Co., and later in managing their commercial and personal investments.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle household net worth ranks among top in nation — but wealth doesn't reach everyone | FYI Guy
- Hoping for no snow? King and Snohomish counties could see some Wednesday.
- Eyman charged with misdemeanor theft; attorneys call chair's removal from store an accident
- Renton's freeway carpool lanes make a $197 million connection this week
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Jim Schindler, and nine children.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com