Maureen McCarry, an Issaquah City Councilmember from 1998 to 2000 and from 2006 to 2010, died Wednesday, The Issaquah Press reports.
McCarry resigned from the council in December 2010, after she was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig’s disease. A 40-acre woodland on Squak Mountain, acquired by the city at her urging, was named McCarry Woods in her honor.
The Issaquah Press obituary can be found at http://www.issaquahpress.com/2012/07/05/former-councilwoman-maureen-mccarry-dies/#more-74775
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- COVID-19 surge forces health care rationing in parts of West