The flags on all state government buildings will fly at half-staff Wednesday in honor of U.S. Marine Corps Sgt. William C. Stacey, 23, of Seattle.
The Roosevelt High School graduate died in Afghanistan Jan. 31 from injuries he sustained from an improvised explosive device.
Gov. Chris Gregoire has directed that flags at all Washington state agency buildings be lowered to half-staff. Other government entities, citizens and businesses are encouraged to join in.
Flags should remain at half-staff until the close of business Wednesday, or first thing Thursday morning.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book