A teenage neighbor ignited a firework in the yard next door, fire officials said.
GRAHAM, Pierce County — A home in Graham was destroyed Saturday night after a teen accidentally shot a firework into the residence and set it ablaze, authorities said.
No injuries were reported. Neighbors rescued pets from inside the home.
Fire officials say a teen neighbor set off a firework in the yard next door Saturday evening that fired straight into the side of the home. The blaze had spread into the attic by the time firefighters arrived.
Crews declared the home a total loss due to smoke and water damage.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Nov. 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Undetermined: A suspicious death at Green Lake, an investigation's limits VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, November 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world VIEW
- Magic mushrooms for Washington patients? New push aims to speed psilocybin to those who are dying
- Renton City Council moves to shut down hotel housing homeless people, restrict future shelters