Seattle firefighters quickly extinguished a blaze at First Avenue North and Denny Way in Lower Queen Anne Saturday.
Some workers accidentally lit an outside wall of a building that houses Tini Bigs and Hula Hula, two bars, according to Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore.
The back wall of the building had been leaking, so workers were trying to waterproof it using a sealant and torches, Moore said.
Firefighters got the call about about 12:20 p.m. and put out the fire in a few minutes. No one was injured, and Moore said there was about $500 in damage.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide