A woman died Thursday after she was hit by a bus near the Northgate Mall.
A woman died Thursday after she was struck by a Metro bus at the Northgate Transit Center.
Seattle police say the woman, who was in her 90s, died at the scene. A department drug recognition expert said the driver had no obvious signs of impairment, police said.
Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Lt. Sue Stangl said fire crews were called to First Avenue Northeast and Northeast 100th Street just after 3 p.m. Firefighters pulled the woman from underneath the vehicle.
Jeff Switzer, spokesman for King County Metro Transit, said the Route 16 bus had just left the Northgate Transit Center and traveling east on Northeast 100th Street when the accident happened.
Most Read Local Stories
- Driver arrested after video shows Jeep plowing into Seattle snowball fight, police say
- Bellevue homeowner recounts 'nightmare' after house slides down hill with wife and dog inside
- What to know about the new website to order free COVID tests
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 18: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
The Northgate Transit Center was closed during the investigation.