Firefighters are battling a large fire in a vacant home in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood.
Seattle firefighters are battling a large house fire in South Park that was reported shortly before noon on Tuesday.
Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Corey Orvold said the home at 16th Avenue South and South Donovan Street wasvacant.
Because of that, firefighters are conducting what Orvold described as a “defensive operation” in which crews do not attempt to enter the building but instead battle the blaze from a safe distance.
When firefighters arrived, Orvold said they saw 20-foot-high flames and heavy black smoke.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle to help buy three new apartment buildings to house people facing homelessness
She said there have been no reports of injuries and fire investigators were en route to the fire at 12:40 p.m.