Firefighters are battling a large fire in a vacant home in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood.
Seattle firefighters are battling a large house fire in South Park that was reported shortly before noon on Tuesday.
Seattle Fire Department spokeswoman Corey Orvold said the home at 16th Avenue South and South Donovan Street wasvacant.
Because of that, firefighters are conducting what Orvold described as a “defensive operation” in which crews do not attempt to enter the building but instead battle the blaze from a safe distance.
When firefighters arrived, Orvold said they saw 20-foot-high flames and heavy black smoke.
Most Read Local Stories
- Eye drops recalled after US drug-resistant bacteria outbreak
- Portland, 'repelling its current citizens,' is Seattle's cautionary tale
- Man rescued by Coast Guard wanted in 'Goonies' fish incident
- ‘Social housing’ is on the Seattle ballot, but what is it?
- WA considers lower DUI limit while lab backlogs delay drivers' court cases
She said there have been no reports of injuries and fire investigators were en route to the fire at 12:40 p.m.