Authorities say a fire in Mukilteo that burned two houses and two cars was likely caused by a battery charger.

Share story

MUKILTEO, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say a fire in Mukilteo that burned two houses and two cars was likely caused by a battery charger.

The Daily Herald reports  the Wednesday fire was ruled an accident and damage was estimated at $846,000. Two people were treated and released at a local hospital.

The fire started in the garage of one home. The Mukilteo Fire Department say the owner recently had returned from a vacation and connected the battery of a personal watercraft to a car-battery charger.