A dramatic fire destroyed a dozen units of a Bremerton apartment building Monday afternoon, a fire spokeswoman says.
BREMERTON — A Bremerton Fire Department spokeswoman says a dramatic fire has destroyed a dozen units of a Bremerton apartment building.
KOMO-TV of Seattle reports that spokeswoman Elaine Valencia says the fire started late Monday afternoon and sent flames shooting through the roof of the two-story building.
She says the fire began in a second-floor unit and quickly spread into the attic, then eventually across the entire 12-plex.
Fire crews from a handful of different agencies responded.
Most Read Local Stories
- Is fare enforcement unconstitutional? WA Supreme Court case could have sweeping effects
- 5 incarcerated teens attack staff, escape from juvenile facility near Snoqualmie
- Seattle's post-5 p.m. sunsets are here
- Coronavirus daily news updates, January 26: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Boy hurt in Seattle hit-run; his mother hopes sharing photos will keep the focus on finding the driver
The spokeswoman says no one in the apartment building was hurt but one firefighter was taken to a hospital for treatment of heat exhaustion.
The cause is under investigation.
The Red Cross says it is responding to help the displaced residents.