A fire at Shoreline’s Meadowbrook Apartment Complex damaged 12 units and displaced at least three families early Sunday, according to the Red Cross.
Some of the families were staying Sunday in a temporary shelter set up by the Red Cross, said Teresa Kenney, an organization spokeswoman.
The fire began sometime after midnight at the apartment complex at 1406 Richmond Beach Rd. Authorities have not yet identified the cause of the fire.
KING-TV reported that fire crews knocked down the fire within 15 minutes, preventing it from spreading to other units.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
No injuries were reported, according to the TV station.
Shoreline fire officials did not return telephone messages.