Seattle firefighters, including a fire boat, have a waterfront blaze under control. Firefighters responded to the scene at about 2:45 p.m.
KING 5 reports that the fire broke out on Pier 56. The Ferris wheel called the Seattle Great Wheel is on the adjacent pier, and was not affected by the fire.
Elliott’s Oyster House and Argosy Cruises are located on Pier 56.
White smoke billowed from the pier as firefighters doused it with water. There were no injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world