A fire early this morning at a Central District home was determined to be arson, the Seattle Fire Department said this afternoon.
The fire was reported at 2:54 a.m. in a room of a home in the 300 block of 23rd Avenue. Fire crews were able to contain the blaze to the back bedroom.
No one was injured.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
Dame is estimated at $48,000 to the home and its contents.
The Seattle Police Department’s Arson/Bomb Squad is investigating the blaze.