Ever wanted to go behind the scenes and see the wheelhouse of a Washington State Ferries' vessel? Well, put on your costume and flaunt your stuff.
Ever wanted to go behind the scenes and see the wheelhouse of a Washington State Ferries’ vessel? Well, put on your costume and flaunt your stuff. The ferry system is holding its first Halloween costume competition, and everybody is encouraged to come aboard dressed for Halloween.
The contest will be held today on every vessel and every route in the system between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. On all sailings during this time, the captain or a crewmember will watch from the wheelhouse and select their favorite costume from the walk-on passengers.
The winner will be invited up to the wheelhouse to meet the captain for a behind-the-scenes tour of the ferry during the crossing.
Most Read Local Stories
- Two people rescued after Bellevue home slides off foundation; dozens evacuated
- Most of Seattle area's 200,000 unvaccinated adults say they will 'definitely not' get COVID shots
- Seattle is plagued by potholes, Bellevue not so much
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Abuse allegations mount against South King County politician charged with domestic violence