Skate Like A Girl hosts ongoing skate sessions Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark, offering a $5 “free skate” option and $10 lesson with complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Skate Like A Girl hosts an ongoing Skate Like A Girl Ladies* Night on Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark.
A “free skate” session cost $5. A $10 option includes a lesson, “free skate” session and complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Cass Bermudez-Lopez, who coaches and runs the Tuesday skate night, says that skateboarding improved her confidence and self-esteem and that she hopes teaching the sport can impact other individuals in a positive way.
All ages and abilities are welcome.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
- Washington's last presidential primary was meaningless. The state Legislature might change that.