Skate Like A Girl hosts ongoing skate sessions Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark, offering a $5 “free skate” option and $10 lesson with complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Skate Like A Girl hosts an ongoing Skate Like A Girl Ladies* Night on Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark.
A “free skate” session cost $5. A $10 option includes a lesson, “free skate” session and complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Cass Bermudez-Lopez, who coaches and runs the Tuesday skate night, says that skateboarding improved her confidence and self-esteem and that she hopes teaching the sport can impact other individuals in a positive way.
All ages and abilities are welcome.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Incredibly dangerous': Seattle man faces 17th DUI charge after April crash
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- Seattle's top prosecutor and public defender accuse presiding judge of improper conduct
- ‘No bar was too low’: Shoreline man sentenced to 55 years for sexually exploiting hundreds of girls
- Permanent daylight saving time passes Washington state House 90-6, heads to Inslee's desk