Skate Like A Girl hosts ongoing skate sessions Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark, offering a $5 “free skate” option and $10 lesson with complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Skate Like A Girl hosts an ongoing Skate Like A Girl Ladies* Night on Monday in Seattle and Tuesday at the Bellevue Indoor Skatepark.
A “free skate” session cost $5. A $10 option includes a lesson, “free skate” session and complimentary gear for women, nonbinary and transgender individuals.
Cass Bermudez-Lopez, who coaches and runs the Tuesday skate night, says that skateboarding improved her confidence and self-esteem and that she hopes teaching the sport can impact other individuals in a positive way.
All ages and abilities are welcome.
Most Read Stories
- Snohomish County man has the United States’ first known case of Wuhan coronavirus
- 5 of the Seattle area's most changed neighborhoods: We crunched the data on population, income, jobs
- 'We were before our time': Remembering the fight to change King County's namesake from a slave owner to a civil-rights leader VIEW
- Did the Seahawks make a mistake by letting Richard Sherman go?
- How white families with young children can work to undo racism