A 27-year-old man died and two others were injured Friday night in a four-car collision on state Route 9 near Lake Stevens.
Washington State Patrol reports Tyler Martel was nearing state Route 204 when he passed another northbound vehicle. Crossing the centerline, he struck a vehicle head-on and then hit two other cars.
His passenger and another driver were transported to Harborview Medical Center with injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- The inside story of MCAS: How Boeing's 737 MAX system gained power and lost safeguards | Times Watchdog VIEW
- 'We are in dire straits': Even Washington's wealthiest town can't make our backward tax system work | Danny Westneat
- Trailing in early polls, Inslee takes presidential campaign to the biggest stage of his political career
- White Center shooting leaves 3 wounded VIEW
- Man, 22, killed in rear-end crash on I-5 in Marysville