A 27-year-old man died and two others were injured Friday night in a four-car collision on state Route 9 near Lake Stevens.
Washington State Patrol reports Tyler Martel was nearing state Route 204 when he passed another northbound vehicle. Crossing the centerline, he struck a vehicle head-on and then hit two other cars.
His passenger and another driver were transported to Harborview Medical Center with injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Teens arrested in connection with fatal drive-by shooting in Burien identified through school surveillance footage