The Associated Press
BELFAIR — An experienced tree cutter was killed in a fall at Belfair.
Mason County Coroner West Stockwell says 52-year-old Anthony K. Woods of Belfair died Saturday evening at the scene, even though he was properly equipped.
The Kitsap Sun reports the top part of the tree had a cable attached to a piece of heavy equipment to guide which way it would fall. As Woods was cutting off the top of the tree, it snapped. He fell, hitting his head on a fence post.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations