Update: State officials are delaying until 1 p.m. today the opening of the 520 bridge drawspan. An earlier post said the bridge would open at 12:30 p.m.
If you want to take the Highway 520 floating bridge between Seattle and the Eastside, you might want to leave soon or wait awhile.
The state Department of Transportation advises that the drawspan will open at 1 p.m. to let a 48-foot boat pass. The delay should last no more than 30 minutes, the department says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Rain will stick around this week in the Seattle area, with a chance for thunderstorms