EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — Archbishop Murphy High School in Everett, Washington, is closed Friday due to a potential threat.
KOMO-TV reports that in a post on the school’s web page, school officials say they became aware of the threat Thursday and decided to cancel classes and all school-related activities both on and off campus.
Officials didn’t give any details on the threat, only that they have talked with police, who recommended cancelling classes.
An update will be given when they receive more guidance from local police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fierce Seattle warehouse fire on Ship Canal engulfs lumberyard buildings VIEW
- Washington state voters approved new gun regulations in I-1639. Here's what the law will do.
- Four-alarm fire at lumber yard on Seattle's Ship Canal still smoldering VIEW
- Hey GOP: You're dead around here. Time to dump Trump, and look to the 'Nones' | Danny Westneat
- President Jay Inslee? After mixed midterm results, he says 'we will give some thought to that'
Officials said: “The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.”
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/