EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — Archbishop Murphy High School in Everett, Washington, is closed Friday due to a potential threat.
KOMO-TV reports that in a post on the school’s web page, school officials say they became aware of the threat Thursday and decided to cancel classes and all school-related activities both on and off campus.
Officials didn’t give any details on the threat, only that they have talked with police, who recommended cancelling classes.
An update will be given when they receive more guidance from local police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- State Patrol crackdown on HOV violators snares more than 1,700 drivers in Puget Sound area
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- South King County gang war led to fatal shooting of 'poor, innocent lady' in Burien office
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
Officials said: “The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.”
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/