EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — Archbishop Murphy High School in Everett, Washington, is closed Friday due to a potential threat.
KOMO-TV reports that in a post on the school’s web page, school officials say they became aware of the threat Thursday and decided to cancel classes and all school-related activities both on and off campus.
Officials didn’t give any details on the threat, only that they have talked with police, who recommended cancelling classes.
An update will be given when they receive more guidance from local police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Seattle Times poll finds strong support for more transit — but not bike lanes
- Teen dies after shooting in Renton Walmart parking lot Sunday
- New poll: Tolling freeways, city streets deeply unpopular across the board in Seattle and King County
Officials said: “The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.”
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/