EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — Archbishop Murphy High School in Everett, Washington, is closed Friday due to a potential threat.
KOMO-TV reports that in a post on the school’s web page, school officials say they became aware of the threat Thursday and decided to cancel classes and all school-related activities both on and off campus.
Officials didn’t give any details on the threat, only that they have talked with police, who recommended cancelling classes.
An update will be given when they receive more guidance from local police.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington Dems want GOP Rep. Matt Shea out over texts discussing physical attacks on political enemies
- Tearing down the Alaskan Way Viaduct is taking longer than once thought WATCH
- Miska, Bellevue’s most persecuted tabby cat, seeks her day in court
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
Officials said: “The safety of our students and staff is our number one priority.”
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/