An Everett man rescued from a burning apartment building has been taken to Harborview Medical Center with possible burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire, which broke out shortly after 5 p.m., did an estimated $400,000 damage to a four-plex in the 1600 block of 8th Avenue West in Everett, said Everett city spokeswoman Kate Reardon.
The trapped man had been in a second-floor unit and was rescued by firefighters. No other injuries were reported. About six people were evacuated and were being assisted by the Snohomish County Red Cross.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book