The Everett Mall store was closed by a smoky fire on Friday after it opened for a rush of Black Friday shoppers.
The Everett Mall Toys R Us store was closed by a smoky fire on Friday morning.
KOMO-TV reports the store was closed after it opened for a rush of shoppers.
Store employees called 911 and safely evacuated all customers from the building after seeing flames in a stockroom. The fire activated a sprinkler and workers tried to put out the fire with extinguishers but were unsuccessful.
When firefighters arrived at about 7:45 a.m., they found heavy smoke inside the store. After the fire was extinguished, fans were brought in to remove the smoke.
Most Read Local Stories
- Why a giant fog cloud is parked over Seattle area, and when it will clear
- Rolling in the deep: Sound Transit's downtown Seattle tunnel would bring riders 145 feet below the street
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but it is not considered suspicious.
Managers had not decided whether to try and reopen the store later on Black Friday.