EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- Cruise ship turns back to Seattle after power outage
- Notice a bunny boom? Here are some reasons for the Seattle area's recent rise in rabbits VIEW
- 3 million gallons of untreated sewage spill into Puget Sound, state officials investigating
- Bad omen: Even the Catholics are growing frustrated with Seattle's efforts on homelessness | Danny Westneat
- Interest groups are pouring money into Seattle's City Council elections using no-limit PACs
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/