EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle protest updates: The city reacts to the death of George Floyd
- Workers must wear face coverings, some businesses in King and Snohomish counties could reopen under Inslee's new coronavirus recovery plan
- Sparked by death of George Floyd, Seattle protesters clash with police VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 29: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state, and the world
- Half of newly diagnosed coronavirus cases in Washington are in people under 40
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/