EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- It's austere and uncomfortable. That's precisely the reason the 'Portland Loo' is finding a home in King County VIEW
- Bellevue High student sues district after he was disciplined for questioning debate club election
- Northwest-based ATF supervisor with Nazi tattoo discriminated against black agent, lawsuit claims
- Life after deportation: A family with roots in the Seattle region starts over in Mexico VIEW
- Fall is here — and this week's Seattle weather will certainly feel like it
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/