EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- No surprise for commuters: Washington ranks dead last among lower 48 states for driving
- End Daylight Saving Time in Washington? Why a state lawmaker thinks the effort has a chance this year
- Seattle-area residents least likely in nation to give their neighborhoods top marks | FYI Guy
- Decade of heavy storms has helped Northwest glaciers, but don't expect that to last, studies show
- Could the humble TSA agent save democracy? Increasingly they're being asked to try | Danny Westneat
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/