EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'We lost one of our finest': Kittitas County deputy shot dead Tuesday night was father of three
- This weather won't last: Here's when Seattle's unseasonable warmth will turn to typical cold and rain
- The buses are coming out of the transit tunnel. Here's what it means for transit riders and drivers. VIEW
- After infighting at Seattle's tiny-house villages, activist leaders get the boot
- Officers shoot, wound man after he fires at them on Capitol Hill, police say
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/