EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — The Everett City Council has unanimously approved a plastic bag ban.
KING-TV reports the ban passed Wednesday will block stores from distributing single-use bags.
Customers will be able to purchase single-use bags for five cents each.
The ban will take effect on September 30, 2019.
Most Read Local Stories
- How missed 'red flags' helped Nigerian fraud ring 'Scattered Canary' bilk Washington's unemployment system amid coronavirus chaos
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Pressure mounting on City Hall, mayor as Seattle faces multitude of crises amid coronavirus outbreak VIEW
- In an uneven coronavirus pandemic, some Washington counties may still have a long way to go before reopening
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
State lawmakers have announced plans to propose a statewide ban during the upcoming legislative session which begins in January.
Information from: KING-TV, http://www.king5.com/