An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city's fire department.
Update 9:10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 8, 2015: The barista’s condition is critical.
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center, according to the city’s fire department.
The young woman at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way was taken to the hospital with burns shortly before 6 p.m., around the time fire authorities reported the fire was out, according to tweets from the department and MyEverettNews.com. The severity of her injuries is unknown.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a Shell gas station, the Everett news site says. Authorities first received reports of the fire before 5 p.m.
Most Read Local Stories
- Birders flock to 520 bridge to catch glimpse of rare visitor
- WA Senate candidate Tiffany Smiley criticizes Seattle Times, Starbucks, Seahawks
- 5 additional bodies recovered from Whidbey Island floatplane crash
- Snoqualmie Tribe says Forterra misled it, feds in $20M grant application
- Inside the 'Northgate miracle,' which wasn't a miracle at all
The blaze destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to the news site. The cost of damage is unknown.
No other details were immediately available.
The incident remains under investigation.