Guess who doesn’t care about Tuesday’s general election? These orcas.
Reader Ben Maud sent us this soothing, eight-minute footage of several orcas near Vashon Island. He captured the video from West Seattle. The whales swim pretty close to some people who look like they’re on a canoe.
About four minutes into the video, you can hear a woman’s voice saying: “I’ve never seen them before, and I’ve lived here for about 30 years.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Emboldened by Trump, Proud Boys’ confrontations raise concerns in the Northwest
- Another ‘Manhattan moment’: Seattle’s new $19,265-a-month apartment | Danny Westneat
- 'This would have been an unsurvivable event': When a glacier crumbles on Mount Rainier WATCH
- Study shows Seattle has plenty of parking. So why can’t you find a spot?
- Ex-teaching assistant charged with raping child at Seattle school kept job despite trouble-plagued employment