Guess who doesn’t care about Tuesday’s general election? These orcas.
Reader Ben Maud sent us this soothing, eight-minute footage of several orcas near Vashon Island. He captured the video from West Seattle. The whales swim pretty close to some people who look like they’re on a canoe.
About four minutes into the video, you can hear a woman’s voice saying: “I’ve never seen them before, and I’ve lived here for about 30 years.”
Most Read Local Stories
- A $21,634 bill? How a homeless woman fought her way out of tow-company hell | Danny Westneat
- Large metal balls zip along West Seattle street, damaging several cars
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- Congressional candidates Dino Rossi and Kim Schrier clash in lone debate in Ellensburg
- One of the brightest meteor showers of the year will soon be visible from Seattle. Here's when to watch