Guess who doesn’t care about Tuesday’s general election? These orcas.
Reader Ben Maud sent us this soothing, eight-minute footage of several orcas near Vashon Island. He captured the video from West Seattle. The whales swim pretty close to some people who look like they’re on a canoe.
About four minutes into the video, you can hear a woman’s voice saying: “I’ve never seen them before, and I’ve lived here for about 30 years.”
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Seattle's Women's March ends at Seattle Center
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017