Guess who doesn’t care about Tuesday’s general election? These orcas.
Reader Ben Maud sent us this soothing, eight-minute footage of several orcas near Vashon Island. He captured the video from West Seattle. The whales swim pretty close to some people who look like they’re on a canoe.
About four minutes into the video, you can hear a woman’s voice saying: “I’ve never seen them before, and I’ve lived here for about 30 years.”
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Washingtonians are less religious than ever, Gallup poll finds | FYI Guy
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver
- Washington lawmakers violated state constitution when rewriting police deadly force laws, judge says
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County