An “aggressive response” by South Kitsap firefighters is credited with saving another 34 boats that were threatened.
A fire early Sunday morning destroyed six boats at the Port Orchard Yacht Club.
The fire broke out about 3 a.m. and tore through six boat houses, where the boats were stored, according to South Kitsap Fire and Rescue. Another 34 boats were saved.
“A quick, aggressive response by firefighters prevented larger loss,” said South Kitsap Fire officials.
U.S. Coast Guard and state Department of Ecology crews also responded to the blaze to help contain spilled fuel.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington state trooper who died of COVID hadn't been vaccinated yet, family says
- What to know about Monday's COVID vaccine deadline in Washington state
- Five I-5 rest areas to close in Snohomish and Whatcom counties over trash, vandalism
- Washington physician assistant’s license suspended over COVID actions
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Oct. 16: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
No injuries were reported. The Kitsap County Fire Marshal is investigating the fire.