The man died after crashing into a tree and light post Wednesday evening.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office on Thursday identified the man who died in a vehicle crash Wednesday evening in Bellevue as Jose Manuel Perez Chuc.
The 19-year-old Bellevue resident died after his vehicle struck a tree, which then toppled onto another vehicle, according to the Bellevue Police Department.
No one in the second vehicle was hurt.
Witnesses told officers that around 7:41 p.m. the vehicle seemed to be speeding as it headed south on 148th Avenue Southeast, said Seth Tyler, a police spokesman. He said before crashing into a light pole and the tree, witnesses said the driver seemed to have lost control as he weaved through traffic.
Most Read Local Stories
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- Boy hurt in Seattle hit-run; his mother hopes sharing photos will keep the focus on finding the driver
- King County omicron cases decline as 'second chapter' of surge gains steam in Eastern Washington
- 23 charged with staging Tri-Cities car crashes in nearly $1M fraud ring
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
The impact of the crash was so great, the vehicle split in two.
“At this point, we don’t know if drugs or alcohol were a factor,” Tyler said.
Authorities closed the road between Main and Southeast Eighth streets, beginning around 7:50 p.m., to investigate.