Mercer Island police and the FBI are looking for a man who robbed a Banner Bank branch yesterday and ran away with an undisclosed amount...
Mercer Island police and the FBI are looking for a man who robbed a Banner Bank branch yesterday and ran away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Around 3:30 p.m., the man entered the bank at 2918 78th Ave. S.E., approached a teller and implied he had a weapon, said Mercer Island police Sgt. Lance Davenport.
The robber was described as in his 30s or 40s and between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 3 inches tall. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, a red sweatshirt and jeans.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Carmen Best, once rejected, is Seattle mayor's pick for top cop. Citizens have 'a lot of questions' about how this went.
- Tiny-home villages are a key part of Seattle’s homeless strategy. So why did one village lack case management for three months?
- Amid worsening financial picture, UW President Ana Mari Cauce returns $95K in deferred compensation
- ReachNow launches ride-hailing app that competes with Uber, Lyft
Anyone with information is asked to call 206236-3500.