Mercer Island police and the FBI are looking for a man who robbed a Banner Bank branch yesterday and ran away with an undisclosed amount...
Mercer Island police and the FBI are looking for a man who robbed a Banner Bank branch yesterday and ran away with an undisclosed amount of money.
Around 3:30 p.m., the man entered the bank at 2918 78th Ave. S.E., approached a teller and implied he had a weapon, said Mercer Island police Sgt. Lance Davenport.
The robber was described as in his 30s or 40s and between 5 feet 1 inch and 5 feet 3 inches tall. He was last seen wearing a baseball cap, a red sweatshirt and jeans.
Most Read Local Stories
- Fire ravages Bellevue mosque — for second time
- Illegal ‘gingerbread house’ in Mount Baker-Snoqualmie Forest stocked with food, bedding — and child porn
- Bedbugs, moldy food, skipped background checks: Feds slam Washington foster-care group homes after surprise visits
- Upward mobility is especially tough for black boys in U.S. Here’s why. | Jerry Large
- Brake lines cut on some Seattle bike-share bikes
Anyone with information is asked to call 206236-3500.