The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back...
The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back of a dump truck’s trailer north of Hobart.
Just before 2:30 p.m., the van’s driver exited Highway 18 and attempted to turn north onto Issaquah-Hobart Road, said State Patrol spokeswoman Kelly Spangler.
As it turned, the van struck the rear of a trailer that was being pulled by a northbound dump truck, she said.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’ | National politics
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
The van’s driver suffered severe head injuries and was in critical condition last night; his passenger underwent surgery for internal injuries, but his condition was not known, Spangler said. The driver of the dump truck was not hurt.
The men’s ages and hometowns were not released.