The Associated Press
GIG HARBOR — The Washington State Patrol says a woman driving with a Chihuahua in her lap crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with another car Wednesday on Highway 302 near Gig Harbor.
Trooper Guy Gill says driving with the dog in her lap may have been a factor in the crash that killed the woman and the dog.
Another woman and her 7-year-old daughter in the other car were injured and taken to a hospital. Gill says the girl was reported in stable condition.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases