A 48-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of vehicular assault and drunken driving after his pickup struck two teenage boys as they walked on the shoulder of a road in the Juanita area of Kirkland on Sunday evening.
One of the boys, 17, suffered a non-life threatening laceration to his head and was transported to Evergreen Hospital. His friend was unhurt.
According to Kirkland police, the boys were walking in the 7900 block of NE 122nd Place when the truck, traveling westbound, left the roadway and struck them.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say