A Renton police offer was injured Friday night when the driver of a pickup truck rammed into the rear of the police car.
KIRO TV reported that the 36-year-old officer was stopped at a traffic light at southbound Edmonds Avenue Northeast and Sunset Boulevard. The Chevy Avalanche, which was traveling westbound on Sunset Boulevard, turned onto Edmonds and appeared to intentionally strike the patrol car on the rear driver’s side.
The officer, who was taken to Valley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries, said he didn’t see the truck coming.
Despite his injuries, the officer was able to detain the 38-year-old suspect at the site until other units arrived. The man was booked into jail for investigation of assault with a vehicle, according to KOMO TV.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?