One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Meet the many unsung heroes of the Seattle Snowpocalypse WATCH
- Amid measles outbreak, state House panel moves to ban personal vaccine exemptions
- NO RETURN: The final voyage of the Destination WATCH
Further information was not immediately available.