One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle police clear CHOP protest zone WATCH
- Coronavirus daily news updates, June 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Seattle removes some barriers at CHOP; protesters erect makeshift replacement barricade WATCH
- Shooting at Seattle's CHOP protest site kills 16-year-old boy, leaves 14-year-old seriously injured
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Further information was not immediately available.