One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Potential loss of Anacortes ferry 'devastating to this community,' mayor says
- Seattle weather hits record high temperature; here's how long the skies will stay clear
- Sorry treatment of gay teachers suggests Rush Limbaugh was, sadly, right
- Where Seattle ranks among Washington's safest and least safe cities
- Police looking for killer of Edmonds 7-Eleven clerk
Further information was not immediately available.