One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Debating my entire lifetime': I-976 marks Seattle area's 8th vote on light rail in 24 years | Danny Westneat
- Former Bellevue CEO sentenced to seven years for H-1B visa fraud
- ‘I just bear-hugged her’: Washington woman finds her missing dog after 57-day search in Montana
- 'The youth are watching': Global Climate Strike draws students, adult allies to Friday demonstrations in Seattle WATCH
- Don't connect the dots, Durkan's office says after ally appears to undercut her police-reform plan WATCH
Further information was not immediately available.