One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Coronavirus daily news updates, March 31: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Hospitalizations for novel coronavirus-like illness declined last week in Washington, offering a glimmer of hope
- Coronavirus daily news updates, April 1: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the nation
- Flood of coronavirus data overwhelms Washington state's disease-reporting system, leading to lag in data
- Washington state attorney general warns 5 businesses to stop coronavirus price-gouging of sanitizer, masks on Amazon
Further information was not immediately available.