One person was in critical condition, according to Renton firefighters.
A person was in critical condition after being hit by a driver in Renton Friday evening, according to authorities in Renton. A second person was also injured but that person’s condition was not immediately known.
The collision happened at about 6 p.m. near the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North.
The union representing Renton firefighters initially wrote on Twitter that the collision involved a pedestrian, but later retweeted a report that the injured person was a bicyclist.
A bicyclist was transported from the area of the crash to Harborview Medical Center and is in critical condition, a spokeswoman said.
Most Read Local Stories
- 1 person hurt, 2 detained in midday shooting in downtown Seattle
- Trial to begin for couple accused in 2017 shooting at UW during Milo Yiannopoulos speech — victim refuses to testify
- Washington state waterfront owners asked to take dead whales
- Bullets hit South Seattle rec center in parking-lot shootout
- Historic Louisa Hotel, witness to Seattle history and tragedy, opens new chapter as apartment building VIEW
Further information was not immediately available.