The Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a fatal shooting last night involving three Poulsbo police officers at a Les Schwab Tire Center.
Sheriff’s spokesman Scott Wilson said that that Poulsbo police were called to the Les Schwab store around 6 p.m. for a report of a man with a gun. Wilson said that it’s unclear what transpired next. The armed man, described as being in his 20s, was fatally shot and died at the scene.
The Kitsap Sun reports that witnesses said they had seen a man yelling and acting strangely outside the store at 424 N.W. Edvard St.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Meet Seattle’s 2021 candidates for mayor: A general election guide
The three officers who responded have all been placed on adminstrative leave. It’s unclear which of the three, if not all three, opened fire, Wilson said.
Kitsap County sheriff’s’ deputies are investigating the case because the incident involved a nearby police agency. Deputies are still speaking with witnesses and searching for possible business surveillance videos that captured the shooting.
“The question is who shot and how many times,” Wilson said.