Medics found the woman in a car in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant in Federal Way.
A woman was hospitalized with serious injuries Saturday night after getting shot in the chest, according to Des Moines police.
Medics and Federal Way police officers responded to a call shortly after 6 p.m., and found the 18-year-old woman in a car in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant in Federal Way with her 23-year-old boyfriend, Des Moines police Sgt. Dave Mohr said by phone Sunday. The woman is receiving treatment at Harborview Medical Center.
Police learned the shooting occurred at the Redondo Beach boat launch in Des Moines. The woman was in the car in the parking lot at the boat launch with her boyfriend, another man and a woman, when a dispute occurred and the gun discharged, Mohr said.
Police are still conducting interviews and have not made an arrest. The case will likely be referred to prosecutors as the investigation continues, Mohr said.
Most Read Local Stories
- White nationalism, far-right extremism have special resonance in Pacific Northwest
- Infant in Seattle ER is 8th confirmed measles case in Puget Sound area outbreak
- 'It's usually about the bridge': Captain of Ducks vehicle recounts deadly 2015 Aurora Bridge crash, painful aftermath
- 'Barefoot Bandit' fails in bid to end probation early to become a motivational speaker
- Radiation in UW building: 200 employees being moved, cleanup could take at least six more weeks