Medics found the woman in a car in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant in Federal Way.
A woman was hospitalized with serious injuries Saturday night after getting shot in the chest, according to Des Moines police.
Medics and Federal Way police officers responded to a call shortly after 6 p.m., and found the 18-year-old woman in a car in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant in Federal Way with her 23-year-old boyfriend, Des Moines police Sgt. Dave Mohr said by phone Sunday. The woman is receiving treatment at Harborview Medical Center.
Police learned the shooting occurred at the Redondo Beach boat launch in Des Moines. The woman was in the car in the parking lot at the boat launch with her boyfriend, another man and a woman, when a dispute occurred and the gun discharged, Mohr said.
Police are still conducting interviews and have not made an arrest. The case will likely be referred to prosecutors as the investigation continues, Mohr said.
Most Read Local Stories
- More effective than condoms? Seattle-area couples test new birth control for men
- Seattle City Council approves plan for UW to build 6 million square feet, add high-rise district
- Whose stadium is it? They tell us it's ours, only not when it comes to selling the big money name | Danny Westneat
- Inslee unveils $675 million plan to reverse crisis in Washington's mental-health system
- Michelle Obama extends book tour, adds NW dates, as sales of 'Becoming' top 3 million