Democrats are now claiming 544 felons voted in Republican Dino Rossi-leaning areas in the 2004 governor's election. Democrats have been looking...
Democrats are now claiming 544 felons voted in Republican Dino Rossi-leaning areas in the 2004 governor’s election.
Democrats have been looking for felons who voted illegally to offset felon voters Republicans identified in their legal challenge to the election of Democratic Gov. Christine Gregoire.
Rossi challenged Gregoire’s 129-vote election victory. The election-challenge trial is scheduled to start May 23.
Republicans have identified 946 votes they say were cast by felons whose voting rights have not been restored.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
- With clear skies, you can see a full moon, meteor showers and 5 planets this weekend
- Seattle city attorney, in settling records suit, discloses memo advising council that income tax was illegal
The state Democratic Party, which intervened on the side of the state, has complained that the GOP list has many errors.
But Democrats disclosed Friday they’re trying to beat Republicans at their own game by introducing evidence of 432 illegal felon votes in Rossi-leaning areas. This week they upped that total to 544.
Tomorrow is the deadline for Democrats to finalize their list of illegal votes.