Authorities are conducting an investigation into the death of an inmate who collapsed this morning at the Snohomish County Jail.
The inmate, 22, approached corrections staff at the jail at around 7:20 a.m. and asked for medical attention. A short time later the inmate collapsed, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
CPR was administered by corrections staff before the man was taken to Providence Everett Medical Center, where the man died at approximately 7:40 a.m., the Sheriff’s Office said.
The inmate, whose name has not been released, had been booked into the jail by Lynnwood police late Monday morning on an outstanding warrant for investigation of marijuana possession.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
The cause of death will be determined by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.