The dean of Dartmouth College says a student from Seattle has died while studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain.
The dean of Dartmouth College says a student has died while studying abroad in Barcelona, Spain.
Charlotte Johnson said in a statement to The Dartmouth newspaper that Crispin Scott, a member of the class of 2013, has died. Police said he was found dead in an apartment on Saturday. The cause of his death is unknown and police are investigating.
The Dartmouth student newspaper, The Dartmouth, has more information about Crispin Scott.
Scott, of Seattle, was studying abroad on the Academy of Liberal and Beaux-Arts program run by Portland State University. He was seen at a gathering of at least 40 students in the program at a hotel, which broke up into smaller groups. Program director Charles Grant told The Dartmouth Scott did not return to his apartment and did not show up for an orientation session on Saturday.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans